Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My classmate, Kim Hernandez, wrote an interesting blog about gun control with private businesses titled, "Do Private Businesses Have A Say?" The gun control legislation has really caught my attention just because of how much controversy it has brought upon us. I do agree with the fact that businesses should be able to have the deciding factor about open carry, but I don't think they should have a say when it comes to concealed carry. I wrote a blog about what I felt about opened carry on school grounds and specifically said how having a CHL only certifies you to handle a firearm but not how to handle your own emotions in extenuating circumstances. I think there are two different arguments that you have brought up in your post. One is whether businesses should be allowed to regulate open carry, and the other is whether CHL holders are allowed to bring in their concealed weapons. We honestly can't tell what people are hiding under their clothing for the most part. Therefore, I don't see a problem with people bringing in their concealed weapons as long as they don't show it to the customers in the business. It would shatter my nerves if I saw a person walk into a business that I was in with an assault rifle strapped on his back. People take our rights a little too literal in my opinion. Just because we have the freedom of speech doesn't mean we can say anything we want, whenever we want, and however we want. There are consequences for your actions in every situation. For example, shouting "BOMB!" while you're on an airplane wouldn't set very well with authorities or the other passengers. Gun control is a very "touchy" subject to talk about with many different points of view. I am always willing to hear other people's opinions about the matter and compare them to my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment